The Plot Blueprint Discussion Forum

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » The Plot Blueprint Discussion Forum » Introduction: How's it going? Ready to plot? » What's your story about?

What's your story about?

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

How about a short paragraph of summary?

The title of my story is, “How I Became An Accidental Producer”.

Funny Girl has worked in corporate America for a long time. She gets the call to action when her music teacher tells her she should audition for the Steel Plaza Dinner Theater Cabaret. Performing on stage wasn’t something she’d thought she’d ever do, but that call sparks something within her. A tiny spec of some leftover unremembered childhood dream. To become an actress. To sing and dance on a stage – before that point in her life, in all our lives, when we lose that sense of wonder and courage which allows us to dance and sing and run freely without thinking we’re not good enough.

Externally, the story is about how a woman who wants to entertain people becomes an accidental producer.

Internally, the story is about friends, family, relationships and overcoming the belief of not being good enough.

What connects for me is that she is maybe a "cog" in the corporate machine, but then she's offered this opportunity/challenge that makes her individual again. Sometimes the "call to action" seems positive, but no matter what, it takes the person out of the "ordinary world!".

The working title of my story is Unwanted: Dead or Alive

A young widow and mother of 3-year-old twins has her life turned upside down when she gets reports about a man in town who looks like her dead husband. The man finally shows up on her doorstep and claims to be her husband's cousin. She doesn't know whether to believe his story or not since he looks identical to her dead, adulterous husband whose body was never recovered.

Lisa, I love "back from the dead" stories... I don't know why!

You are here » The Plot Blueprint Discussion Forum » Introduction: How's it going? Ready to plot? » What's your story about?